The Institute for Experimental Molecular Imaging (ExMI) at the University Hospital Aachen and the Helmholtz Institute for Biomedical Engineering at RWTH Aachen University is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Fabian Kiessling. ExMI focuses on the development of novel contrast agents, imaging techniques and therapeutic approaches to characterize and treat cancer, cardiovascular and inflammatory disorders.
ExMI currently consists of two departments and five research groups:
- Department of Nanomedicines and Theranostics,
- Department of Physics of Molecular Imaging Systems,
- Research group Diagnostic and Therapeutic Ultrasound,
- Research group Tumor Progression and Metastasis,
- Research group Probe Design for Molecular Imaging, and
- Research group Applied Medical Informatics.
- Banala Srinivas was awarded a travel grant for German Researcher to Visit Indian Inst. of Technologies supported by BMBF.
- Prof. Twan Lammers was awarded the 2018 edition award of International ADRITELF Award 2018 Maria Edvige Sangalli.
- Federica de Lorenzi was awarded a prize for the best scientific talk in the in the category “Image-guided Therapy and Monitoring” at the MoBI 2017.
- Felix Gremse and Stefanie Rosenhain won the 1. Aachener Tierschutzpreis, for establishing hybrid fluorescence tomography to contribute to the 3R principles of Russel and Burch (Replacement, Reduction, Refinement), awarded by the Medical Faculty Aachen.