The Institute for Experimental Molecular Imaging (ExMI) at the University Hospital Aachen and the Helmholtz Institute for Biomedical Engineering at RWTH Aachen University is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Fabian Kiessling.ExMI focuses on the development of novel contrast agents, imaging techniques and therapeutic approaches to characterize and treat cancer, cardiovascular and inflammatory disorders.
ExMI currently consists of two departments and five research groups:
- Department of Nanomedicines and Theranostics,
- Department of Physics of Molecular Imaging Systems,
- Research group Diagnostic and Therapeutic Ultrasound,
- Research group Tumor Progression and Metastasis,
- Research group Probe Design for Molecular Imaging, and
- Research group Applied Medical Informatics.
ExMI is part of a consortium that is recommended as Euro-BioImaging node for preclinical multimodal molecular imaging.
- Tatjana Opacic is awarded the “2017 Vevo Travel Award-Oncology track” von FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc.
- Anshuman Dasgupta received one RWTH Research Ambassador scholarship.
- A new I3-STM project (‘Personalisierte Immuntherapie gegen TNBC’) is funded by the European union and the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Maike Baues is awarded the ‘Outstanding Oral Presentation’ prize in 2016 Deutschen Gesellschaft für Biomaterialien (DGBM) annual meeting, Aachen, Germany.
- Dr. Yannick Berker is awarded the ‘Extraordinary Scientific Achievement’ from 2016 Friedrich-Wilhelm Award of the Friedrich-Wilhelm-Foundation, for his PhD thesis “PET Attenuation Correction for clinical PET/MRI”
- ExMI Lab won “This is Our Lab” Award in 2016 World Molecular Imaging Congress (WMIC), New York City, USA
- Our EXMI Facebook page! Please visit us on our Facebook page. Enjoy!