ExMI focuses on the development of novel contrast agents, imaging techniques and therapeutic approaches to characterize and treat cancer, cardiovascular and inflammatory disorders.
ExMI currently consists of two departments and five research groups:
- Department of nanomedicines and theranostics,
- Department of molecular imaging systems,
- Research group diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound,
- Research group angiogenesis and tumor progression,
- Research group novel molecular imaging probes
- Research group medical informatics, and
- Research group pharmaceutical technology and translation.
ExMI is part of a consortium that is recommended as Euro-BioImaging node for preclinical multimodal molecular imaging