ExMI focuses on the development of novel contrast agents, imaging techniques and therapeutic approaches to characterize and treat cancer, cardiovascular and inflammatory disorders.
ExMI currently consists of two departments and five research groups:
- Department of Nanomedicines and Theranostics,
- Department of Physics of Molecular Imaging Systems,
- Research group Diagnostic and Therapeutic Ultrasound,
- Research group Tumor Progression and Metastasis,
- Research group Probe Design for Molecular Imaging
- Research group Applied Medical Informatics, and
- Research group Pharmaceutical Technology and Translation.
ExMI is part of a consortium that is recommended as Euro-BioImaging node for preclinical multimodal molecular imaging.