The Institute for Experimental Molecular Imaging (ExMI) at the University Hospital Aachen and the Helmholtz Institute for Biomedical Engineering at RWTH Aachen University is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Fabian Kiessling. ExMI focuses on the development of novel contrast agents, imaging techniques and therapeutic approaches to characterize and treat cancer, cardiovascular and inflammatory disorders.ExMI currently consists of two departments and four research groups:
- Prof. Dr. Fabian Kiessling and Prof. Dr. Dr. Twan Lammers were awarded by Clarivate Analytics (Web of Science) as “Highly Cited Researcher 2019”
- New PhD position on Immunotherapy available: Read more!
- Björn-Carsten Schüre was awarded with a Poster prize at MOBI 2019 in Muenster, Germany.
- Fabian Kiessling is ranked as one of the world experts in Molecular Imaging and Nanomedicine by Expertscape in 2019
- Twan Lammers is ranked as one of the world experts in Nanomedicine and Drug Delivery by Expertscape in 2019
- Tarun Ojha was recognized with the Trainee Award of the CRS Nanomedicine Focus Group at the 2019 Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting & Exposition
- Karolin Römhild and Jan-Niklas May were awarded with “Great scientific communication” during the poster session at the 2019 Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting & Exposition
- Karolin Römhild was awarded with “Bestes Poster” prize in the category “Gynäko- und Mammapathologie” at th Annual Meeting of Deutschen Gesellschaft für Pathologie in Frankfurt
- Tatjana Opacic (ExMI) and Stefanie Dencks (RUB) jointly received the award of the Klee Foundation for their research on superresolution ultrasound imaging
- Diana Möckel won Poster Award at the 14th European Molecular Imaging Meeting (EMIM) 2019 held in Glasgow, Scotland, in the category: “Imaging to diagnose cancer” for the contribution “Micro-Computed Tomography of a murine non-alcoholic fatty liver disease modelwith liver-specific knockout of the mTOR pathway”.
- Rix A., Flege B., Opacic T., Simons N., Koczera P., Stickeler E., and Kiessling F. won Poster Award at the 24th European Symposium on Ultrasound Contrast Imaging held in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, for the contribution “Contrast enhanced ultrasound treatment enhances tumor perfusion in breast cancer patients – first results”.
- Larissa Yokata Rizzo has won the Friedrich-Wilhelm Award of the Friedrich-Wilhelm Foundation for her excellent dissertation.