The Institute for Experimental Molecular Imaging (ExMI) at the University Hospital Aachen and the Helmholtz Institute for Biomedical Engineering at RWTH Aachen University is headed by Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Fabian Kiessling.ExMI focuses on the development of novel contrast agents, imaging techniques and therapeutic approaches to characterize and treat cancer, cardiovascular and inflammatory disorders.
ExMI currently consists of two departments and five research groups:
- Department of Nanomedicines and Theranostics,
- Department of Physics of Molecular Imaging Systems,
- Research group Diagnostic and Therapeutic Ultrasound,
- Research group Tumor Progression and Metastasis,
- Research group Probe Design for Molecular Imaging, and
- Research group Applied Medical Informatics.
ExMI is part of a consortium that is recommended as Euro-BioImaging node for preclinical multimodal molecular imaging.
- The paper of S. Rosenhain et al. in Journal of Biophotonics was selected as Editor’s Choice and chosen for a cover image.
- Jan-Niklas May won a poster price at the Workshop “Immuno-imaging and molecular therapy” held at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) in May 2017.
- Ali Dadfar is awarded the Poster Award of “MRI probes” Category in 12th European Molecular Imaging Meeting (EMIM) 2017, Cologne, Germany.
- Tatjana Opacic is awarded the “2017 Vevo Travel Award-Oncology track” von FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc.
- Anshuman Dasgupta received one RWTH Research Ambassador-Stipendium.